First Trinity Announces Operating Results for Year Ended December 31, 2012
First Trinity Financial 2012 Results
First Trinity Financial Corporation (FTFC) and its two primary subsidiaries, Trinity Life Insurance Company
(TLIC) and Family Benefit Life Insurance Company (FBLIC), continued to show positive results for 2012.
While macroeconomic challenges and a low interest rate environment has effected many industries, including the insurance industry, FTFC increased its assets, expanded its insurance operations and ended the year with positive earnings for the third straight year.
* FTFC declared and paid its second 5% stock dividend to our shareholders.
* FTFC completed its $11,000,000 stock offering at $7.50 per share.
* FBLIC expanded its footprint into seven additional states and is now licensed to conduct business in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and West Virginia.
* FTFC’s two insurance subsidiaries are now licensed to conduct the sale of insurance and annuity products in a total of 17 states.
* Net income was positive for our third year in a row at $1,101,881 or $.14 per share.
* Book value increased from $3.67 to $4.29, an increase of $.62 per share or 17.0%.
* Assets increased from $144,747,655 to $165,450,317, an increase of $20,702,662 or $14.3%.
* Shareholders’ Equity increased from $28,398,113 to $33,722,112, an increase of $5,323,999 or 18.7%.
* Net Investment Income increased from $2,291,761 to $5,920,278, an increase of $3,628,517 or 158.3%.
In addition, FTFC continued to pursue its goal to acquire or build additional insurance companies. Although no acquisitions were made during the year, management did diligently search for candidates that met our criteria.
FTFC did, however, participate in the formation of a new insurance holding company in late 2012. FTFC now owns 500,000 shares of Texas Republic Capital Corporation, a new Texas insurance holding company.
Our outlook remains positive; we have positioned the company for the future. We believe the future is indeed bright and will be an exciting journey as we continue to expand across the nation.